Time for the second instalment of my ‘Meet the Friendors’ interviews. I will be interviewing just a few of the many amazing vendor friends I have met along the way, the make-up artists, designers, florists and entertainers. I would recommend all of these guys in a heartbeat! My first interview was with Laura Loves, if you missed that one click here.
My second interview is with the very clever Laura Cooper from Elegant Affair. Stoke on Trent based Elegant Affair provide a professional (and very creative!) venue dressing service.
The venue dressing options include chair covers, table decor and set up, huge light-up lettering, starlight backdrops, wishing-wells, table plans….the list goes on. Visit their Facebook page here for more information.
I have been lucky to work alongside Laura and her team at many wedding events as we are both recommended suppliers at one of our fave venues The Boathouse Aston Marina in Stone.
- Tell me a little bit about how/why you got into the wedding industry? I did pretty much everything for my own wedding, flowers, cake, centrepieces, invites, favours, and I really enjoyed it. So after the wedding I was a bit lost but I carried on in my accounts job for another 3 years. Then one day an opportunity came up to do venue dressing and nothing had ever felt more right before, so I went for it.
- Easy one….Tea or coffee? Oh Tea hands down.
- What do you feel is the best thing about your job? The job satisfaction is immense, and hearing feedback from clients on how happy they were and knowing that I contributed to the happiness of their day is just magical.
- Do you have any pearls of wisdom for anyone planning their wedding? Remember it’s your day, that means do what will make you happy. Try not to stress the small stuff and enjoy every second as the whole process goes so quickly.
- What current trends do you love or anything you would really like to see more of? Foliage, foliage, foliage. Natural colours, green, ivory, white, it’s so sophisticated and pretty.
- What sets you apart from other suppliers in your field? Do you have particular specialisms? Ooh this is tricky as there are so many brilliant venue dressers around and we all specialise in our own little things, but we make a lot of our products ourselves from floral arrangements to large light up props so it’s all very personal and unique. We have also just began to produce engraved items meaning we are now able to produce name places settings, favours, table numbers, signs. So you can get most things you need from ourselves.
- In an alternative universe which other wedding vendor role could you also see yourself enjoying? Wedding dresses!!! They are my fave thing EVER! I wouldn’t get much work done though as I would be trying dresses on all day long.